Monday, July 7, 2008

Meet Bollywood's hottest bad Girls

If you are wondering where Bollywood's bad girls have disappeared, then gear up for a whole new lineup of heroines with negative shades.

For starters look out for director Ram Gopal Varma's new muse Sakshi Gulati, who is part of the underworld gang in Contract. But would a role in RGV's gritty look at the underworld terrorist nexus mean sacrificing her glam quotient?

“Not really because I have got a lot of scope to perform in the film and the oomph factor is still there even though I am playing a character which has got shades of grey. But I have my oomph factor, I am very stylishly dressed in the film. It’s not like I have a performance-based role so I have to be shabbily dressed or be covered or something,” says Sakshi.

Meanwhile, actress Isha Kopikkar will be introduced minus the pancake in Shabri, which is based on the life of a female criminal kingpin.

On the other hand, girl-next-door Dia Mirza glams up to play a negative role in Sanjay Gupta's Acid Factory. And Dia's image makeover has been carefully crafted by designers Shantanu and Nikhil.

"This time we are giving her a Lara Croft look. The movie is very cutting edge. It’s a dark thriller. She plays a very sensuous character who has a bit of a grey side. And when you think evil, there is no colour better than black and red,” says Shantanu.

Dia's makeover isn't limited to her look, the actress will also be flexing her muscles to match up to the big screen's bad boys.

"Ever since I started working in the Hindi film industry there has always been a prototype attached to me. Whoever thinks of casting me comes up with either the girl-next-door role or the sweet and simple Dia. I would like to thank Sanjay Gupta for entrusting me with this role,” says Dia. Now here's one lot, that we hope, will look good while playing bad. Source : Ibnlive.com

No comments:

Post a Comment