Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Soha Ali Khan : Theatre not an option

Soha Ali Khan who is best known for her performances in films like Rang De Basanti and Mumbai Meri Jaan, is passionate for theatre as well.

Soha reveals, "I am attracted to theatre. It is hugely fulfilling for an actor to be on stage and perform in front of a live audience. It is amazing... You get immediate response. It's a liberating interaction of sorts. You can see the audience laughing or crying, when you're laughing or crying. And that kind of high is impossible to get anywhere else."

She continues, "I was part of theatre at a very amateur level. Neither did I pursue it. I used to be a part of theatre when I was in school, university and with the drama club where I used to work in Delhi."

Given a chance Soha will not mind doing theatre. "Given a chance I would love to go back to it again. However making the time for it now is a little difficult. Of course, if you really want to do something, you can always make time for it. But now it is all about films for me." Yes, with films like Rang De Basanti, Khoya Khoya Chand, Mumbai Meri Jaan and now Dil Kabaddi the girl seems to have settled down.

No comments:

Post a Comment